Indian travelers take a lot of last-minute holidays, according to OYO
The Indian traveler is more adventurous than believed before. A report by the hotel platform
It confirms that a majority of Indian travelers are increasingly driven by impulse with 61% of all the bookings made on OYO platform were made within 24 hours prior to check-in.
ALSO READ: Exclusive: What moms want from the Budget 2017
The research further highlights that despite the last-minute bookings, travelers’ expectations in terms of service, facilities, and experience are pre-determined and non-negotiable. WiFi, Breakfast and Hygienic rooms are the three biggest priorities for guests.
ALSO READ: This co-working space is tailor-made for AI, Data science, IoT startups
OYO’s research identified:
● Chennai, Goa, and Gurgaon as the top contributors to hotel-booking via the app.
● Paharganj continues to cement its reputation as the go-to spot for backpackers in the nation's capital while
● Impulsively planned trips emerged as the top driver for outstation trips both in business and leisure travel segment.
OYO also identified the most expensive and most affordable localities for budget hotels in top travel destinations.
ALSO READ: Take a tour of OYO's attractive new property: OYO Townhouse
City- Most Expensive Locality Average tariff (in INR)- Most Affordable Locality Average tariff(in INR)
Ahmedabad -Vastrapur 2023- GIDC Vatva 607
Chennai- Vadapalani 3008 - Egmore 770
Delhi - Pragati Maidan 3800 - Paharganj 1292
Goa- Candolim 3172- Arambol 2238
AdvertisementGurgaon- Manesar 2711-
Hyderabad - Kondapur 2380 - Abids-Nampally 1436
Jaipur- Amer 1608 - Sindhi Camp 1194
Popular on BI
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Elon Musk reportedly left OpenAI's board in 2018 after Sam Altman and other cofounders rejected his plan to run the company
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare
- Measures taken by IIFCL to keep bad loans under check: Parliamentary panel
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock