Indian TV channels get an advisory to report Pulwama attack with 'caution'
- An improvised explosive device kills 34 security personnel in Pulwama, Kashmir
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi calls the attack ‘dastardly’
- It is the deadliest terrorist attacks seen in the troubled valley in recent years
- Government tells TV channels to not show that can incite violence or anti-national attitudes
View all Offers
View all Offers
Redmi Note 10T 5G (Mint Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | Dual5G | 90Hz Adaptive Refresh Rate | MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm Processor₹ 14499₹ 18999Buy On
- 20% OFF
iQOO Z5 5G (Mystic Space, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | Snapdragon 778G 5G Processor | 5000mAh Battery | 44W FlashCharge | Rs.1000 Coupon Discount₹ 23990₹ 29990Buy On
- 17% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 Edition (Arctic Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | FHD+ sAMOLED | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime (SM-M215GLBDINS)₹ 11999₹ 14499Buy On
- 11% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G (Phantom Black, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 84999₹ 95999Buy On
Samsung Galaxy M51 (Electric Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 19999₹ 28999Buy On
The Indian government has issued a caution advisory to the country's television channels reporting on the terrorist attack that killed nearly 42 Indian security personnel in Pulwama, Kashmir.
A late evening advisory from the government advised caution particularly with content, which "can incite violence or contains anything against the maintenance of law and order or which promotes anti-national attitudes, and/or anything that contains anything affecting the integrity of the nation; and ensure that no such content is telecast which is violative of these codes."
Prime Minister Narendra Modi condemned the attack in a tweet along with other leading ministers of his cabinet.
Union Minister Arun Jaitley called the attack an act of “cowardice: while warning that “terrorists will be given an unforgettable lesson for their heinous act.”
The Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Moahammad (JeM) has claimed responsibility for the bloodbath and released a video clip of the suicide bomber which it claimed was shot before the young man carried out the audacious attack in Lethpora, about 30 km from here.
-- With inputs from IANS
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover
- YouTube is the most-used social media platform by influencers in India: AnyTag report