India’s e-commerce Industry Set To Zoom To $90 Billion By 2021
AdvertisementThe e-commerce industry is growing significantly in India. Currently, it is worth $13 billion and is expected zoom to $90 billion by 2021, said
According to Jhalani, "e-commerce is a full-fledged industry today, from being ancillary part of the retail industry less than a few years ago. Much like Apple changed the music industry, e-commerce will not only impact retail, but also the advertising industry.”
Smartphones users in India prefer to buy products online from popular etailers like Flipkart, Snapdeal and
High penetration of smartphones in India and improving Internet connectivity will help e-commerce firms to reach millions of new users in the coming years.
In line with the growth of e-commerce, one-third of the world's advertising revenue is also expected to go digital by 2018.
At a recent conference, search giant
Popular on BI
- Ready to introduce same-day settlement of trades by March 2024: Sebi chief
- Grok AI chatbot to reach all English-language users in about a week: Musk
- What are the two climate declarations India has been hesitant to sign at COP28?
- This 400-million-year-old fossil is the oldest disease-causing fungus we've ever seen!
- 10 Best places to visit in India for New Year 2024