India’s richest tech billionaires in 2019
Business Insider India
- The Hurun Research Institute released a list of the top 100 billionaires, a few of whom are from the technology sector.
- India’s richest tech billionaire is Wipro chairman, Azim Premji but he’s given away 30% more money than his own net worth.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma is India’s fourth richest tech billionaire but the only start up guy on the list.
The IIFL Wealth Hurun Report India ranks the richest of Indians — and quite a few of them are from the technology sector.
Unlike other industries, globally tech billionaires are self-made, and come from humble beginnings. While India has a few who had legacy businessmen, a new set of entrepreneurs who bet on new-age technology like cloud, mobile payments and digital ad platforms also managed to make their moolah and hence made it to the list.
Scroll on to see India’s 10 richest tech billionaires and their net worth:
Azim Premji — ₹117,100 crore
Shiv Nadar — ₹43,500 crore
Roshni Nadar — ₹36,800 crore
Jay Chaudhry — ₹36,700 crore
Vijay Shekhar Sharma — ₹20,400 crore
Divyank Turakhia — ₹13,000 crore
Kavitark Ram Shriram — ₹11,600 crore
Romesh T Wadhwani — ₹11,600 crore
Sanjeev Bikhchandani — ₹10,700 crore
Thomas Kurian — ₹10,600 crore
Popular on BI
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts