India’s richest tech billionaires in 2019
Business Insider India
- The Hurun Research Institute released a list of the top 100 billionaires, a few of whom are from the technology sector.
- India’s richest tech billionaire is Wipro chairman, Azim Premji but he’s given away 30% more money than his own net worth.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma is India’s fourth richest tech billionaire but the only start up guy on the list.
The IIFL Wealth Hurun Report India ranks the richest of Indians — and quite a few of them are from the technology sector.
Unlike other industries, globally tech billionaires are self-made, and come from humble beginnings. While India has a few who had legacy businessmen, a new set of entrepreneurs who bet on new-age technology like cloud, mobile payments and digital ad platforms also managed to make their moolah and hence made it to the list.
Scroll on to see India’s 10 richest tech billionaires and their net worth:
Azim Premji — ₹117,100 crore
Shiv Nadar — ₹43,500 crore
Roshni Nadar — ₹36,800 crore
Jay Chaudhry — ₹36,700 crore
Vijay Shekhar Sharma — ₹20,400 crore
Divyank Turakhia — ₹13,000 crore
Kavitark Ram Shriram — ₹11,600 crore
Romesh T Wadhwani — ₹11,600 crore
Sanjeev Bikhchandani — ₹10,700 crore
Thomas Kurian — ₹10,600 crore
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best car seat for kids in India
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Best toddler bags for kids in India
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government