Infosys to invest $15 million in an Indian VC fund
AdvertisementIndian IT giant
The Infosys investment will come from its $500-million Innovation Fund that it had set apart for early-stage investments, and will be the second such deal. In December last year, it backed early-stage VC firm Vertex Ventures based in Silicon Valley.
"Infosys will not be the anchor investor in the (Stellaris) fund," a company executive aware of the matter told ET.
Talking of Stellaris, the VC fund was set up by Alok Goyal, Rahul Chowdhri and Ritesh Bangalani, all former partners at India-based Helion Venture Partners, to invest in early-stage consumer internet and software start-ups.
Popular on BI
- Stopped Russian imports in April says Essar Oil
- Elon Musk is confident that humanity will reach Mars in our lifetime
- Vivo ED raids: Two Chinese directors of a related company flee
- RBI tries to boost forex reserves by easing NRI deposit norms
- TCS to flag off the earnings season — here’s what to expect