Infosys to invest $15 million in an Indian VC fund
AdvertisementIndian IT giant
The Infosys investment will come from its $500-million Innovation Fund that it had set apart for early-stage investments, and will be the second such deal. In December last year, it backed early-stage VC firm Vertex Ventures based in Silicon Valley.
"Infosys will not be the anchor investor in the (Stellaris) fund," a company executive aware of the matter told ET.
Talking of Stellaris, the VC fund was set up by Alok Goyal, Rahul Chowdhri and Ritesh Bangalani, all former partners at India-based Helion Venture Partners, to invest in early-stage consumer internet and software start-ups.
Popular on BI
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock
- ISRO launches India's largest LVM3 rocket from Sriharikota
- RevFin targets financing 20 lakh electric vehicles in next 5 years
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder