Infosys to invest $15 million in an Indian VC fund
Indian IT giant
The Infosys investment will come from its $500-million Innovation Fund that it had set apart for early-stage investments, and will be the second such deal. In December last year, it backed early-stage VC firm Vertex Ventures based in Silicon Valley.
"Infosys will not be the anchor investor in the (Stellaris) fund," a company executive aware of the matter told ET.
Talking of Stellaris, the VC fund was set up by Alok Goyal, Rahul Chowdhri and Ritesh Bangalani, all former partners at India-based Helion Venture Partners, to invest in early-stage consumer internet and software start-ups.
Popular on BI
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Banks in India may have to fight harder for deposits
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list