Infosys co-founders Gopalakrishnan and Shibulal sell their shares worth Rs 862 Crores
AdvertisementInfosys co-founders S Gopalakrishnan and S D Shibulal, and some of Shibulal's family members today sold 7.5 million equity shares of the company for Rs 862 Crores on exchanges.
The sale was executed by Citigroup Global Markets India Private Limited as the sole broker for the sale of shares. The sale of shares was executed at an average price of Rs 1,149.45 across all sellers, they said in a joint statement here.
The sale has been done to partially monetize their stake, having nurtured the company for more than three decades, for personal reasons including for the betterment of the society through various philanthropic activities, the statement said.
According to the statement, Gopalakrishnan sold 5,000,000 shares and Shibulal and his family 2,500,000 shares.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- Dr Pepper forced to give $100K prize to BOTH contestants after boos erupt following odd tie-breaker at SEC championship halftime contest
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can find mistakes in your code or write a story for you
- Real estate decarbonisation startup Accacia raises $2.5 million in seed round
- Google Pixel Fold, the company’s foldable phone, could soon become a reality as it appears on Geekbench ahead of its launch next year
- More than one in five people experience violence and harassment at work: ILO
- End of revenge spending? Urban spending to taper off in the next few quarters, says Motilal Oswal
- Rupee falls 24 paise to 82.09/$ amid rising crude, foreign fund outflows
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Droneacharya Aerial IPO
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World