Infosys co-founders Gopalakrishnan and Shibulal sell their shares worth Rs 862 Crores
AdvertisementInfosys co-founders S Gopalakrishnan and S D Shibulal, and some of Shibulal's family members today sold 7.5 million equity shares of the company for Rs 862 Crores on exchanges.
The sale was executed by Citigroup Global Markets India Private Limited as the sole broker for the sale of shares. The sale of shares was executed at an average price of Rs 1,149.45 across all sellers, they said in a joint statement here.
The sale has been done to partially monetize their stake, having nurtured the company for more than three decades, for personal reasons including for the betterment of the society through various philanthropic activities, the statement said.
According to the statement, Gopalakrishnan sold 5,000,000 shares and Shibulal and his family 2,500,000 shares.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- ISRO lines up an LVM3, six PSLV, three GSLV launches in 2024
- 10 Natural mouth fresheners for fresh breath all day
- Maruti Suzuki to Hyundai – car makers offer huge year-end discounts to push sales
- Demand for private credit booms in 2023 as funding winter deepens
- Oppo Find N3 Flip long term review - The end game for flip smartphones