Samsung's $700 Galaxy S20 'FE' is a cheaper version of the $1,000 Galaxy S20 that keeps all the most important parts
When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- Samsung's Galaxy S20 FE starts at $700 and is available to preorder now. It will be available to buy starting on October 2 in carrier stores and on
Galaxy S20 FEis essentially a less expensive version of the flagship Galaxy S20that was released earlier this year.
- The main differences are materials and cameras. The Galaxy S20 FE has a plastic back instead of glass, and the cameras aren't quite as highly-specced, but you still get a triple-lens camera.
We haven't physically seen, held, or used the device, but the specs and feature list paint a good picture of the Galaxy S20 FE. For one, it starts at $700 compared to the Galaxy S20's $1,000 starting price, and the FE version comes with a good chunk of the specs and features from the flagship Galaxy S20.
You get a great Samsung screen at 1080p resolution, which is plenty for a large 6.5-inch screen. And, running things on board the phone is the top-of-the-line Snapdragon 865 processor that also powers the flagship S20 series, as well as most flagship
Samsung altered a few things to bring the price lower. The Galaxy S20 FE's back, for example, is a matte plastic compared to the glossy glass on the flagship Galaxy S20. You also get slightly reduced camera specs, but you still get the versatile triple-lens camera that includes a standard wide, ultra-wide, and zoomed lenses.78286142
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE specs
- Display: 6.5-inch 1080p 120Hz Super AMOLED
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865
- Memory and storage: 6GB RAM & 128GB storage, expandable with microSD card up to 1TB
- Rear camera: 12-megapixel standard wide, 12-megapixel ultra-wide, 8-megapixel 3x optical zoomed and up to digital 30x zoom, OIS
- Selfie camera: 32-megapixel
- Battery: 4,500Ah
- Water resistance: IP68
- 5G: Yes