Greta Thunberg rips the COP26 climate conference as a 'PR exercise' and a 'failure'
Greta Thunbergspoke at at a "Fridays for Future" climate event in Glasgow on Friday.
- She criticized the
COP26climate conference during her speech, calling it a "PR exercise."
Activist Greta Thunberg criticized the COP26
"It is not a secret that COP26 is a failure. It should be obvious that we cannot solve the crisis with the same methods that got us into it in the first place," she said while speaking at a "Fridays for Future" climate event in Glasgow, the same city where the United Nations Climate Change Conference was being held.
At a rally earlier this week, Thunberg said leaders who have attended have "led us nowhere."
"Pretending to take the presence seriously of the people who are being affected already today by the climate crisis. Change is not going to come from inside there - that is not leadership," she said. "We say no more 'blah blah blah.' No more exploitation of people and nature of the planet. No more exploitation. No more whatever the fuck they're doing inside there."
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%