The best Christmas tree stands
- The best Christmas tree stands are designed to last for many decades, have a stable base that holds plenty of water, are easy to set up, and store easily after the holidays are over.
- When shopping for the right Christmas tree stand, there are a few specifications you must take note of, including tree size, ceiling height, and whether the tree is real or artificial.
- The Krinner Tree Genie Christmas Tree Stand is the best one you can buy and is our top pick, thanks to its innovative design.
When shopping for the right Christmas tree stand, there are a few specifications you must take note of. Most importantly, how large of a tree will the stand accommodate? If you like to make full use of your vaulted ceiling with a large real tree, make sure you can fit your 12-foot-tall tree in the stand base. Likewise, artificial trees generally have skinny poles that will only fit in specific models. We make it clear what type and size of tree are best for each stand.
We read through hundreds of buyer and expert reviews and ratings to come up with the best Christmas tree stands you can buy. The stands we chose to include in this guide exhibit consistent performance, durability, and were easy to set up with minimal instructions. Once you have the right stand for your Christmas tree, check out our guide to the best Christmas tree skirts, too.
Here are the best Christmas tree stands you can buy:
- Best Christmas tree stand overall: Krinner Tree Genie Christmas Tree Stand
- Best screw-in Christmas tree stand: Jack-Post Welded Steel Christmas Tree Stand
- Best Christmas tree stand for artificial trees: National Tree Folding Tree Stand
- Best Christmas tree stand for tabletops: Good Tidings Cinco Tabletop Christmas Tree Stand
- Best full-size, live Christmas tree stand on a budget: Cinco C Express Tree Stand
Updated on 12/05/2019 by Lisa Sabatini: Updated links and prices.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.