3 Grayscale digital asset trusts have become SEC-reporting companies as the crypto asset manager positions for ETF approval from the regulator
- Three trusts run by crypto asset manager
Grayscale Investmentshave become SEC reporting companies.
Grayscale Bitcoin Cash Trust, Ethereum Classic Trust, and Litecoin Trust now have reporting obligations to the SEC similar to companies with publicly traded shares.
- The changes could fortify Grayscale's relationship with the SEC when it moves to convert the trusts into
Three products from Grayscale Investments, the largest digital asset manager, that give investors exposure to cryptocurrencies, have become SEC reporting companies, according to Forbes, a move that could fortify Grayscale's relationship with the agency when it moves to convert the trusts into exchange-traded funds.
Grayscale Bitcoin Cash Trust, Grayscale Ethereum Classic Trust and
The products join Grayscale's Bitcoin Trust, Ethereum Trust and Digital Large Cap Fund in having to file regular financial statements and meet other requirements under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Creating SEC reporting companies opens Grayscale to a wider audience of investors who are used to seeing SEC reports when they consider making investments, Grayscale CEO Michael Sonnenshein told Forbes.
The changes should also build relationships and credibility with the agency when Grayscale eventually moves to convert the trusts into ETFs, which are accessible to the retail market, the report said.
Grayscale has been preparing to convert the world's largest bitcoin fund, its flagship $26 billion
Grayscale is not among the more than 20 entities that have filed an ETF application with the SEC. The Forbes report said Grayscale's preference is to be a fast follower and rely on its large market size and reputation to maintain a dominant position.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months
- Indian Employees
- Data Science Job
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- OLA electric scooter
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons