Bank of America is planning another pay bump for junior bankers after leading the charge on raises across Wall Street this spring
Bank of Americais planning another pay raise for junior bankers, according to an internal memo.
- The raises are set to go into effect in February.
- The bank bumped juniors' pay in the investment bank for the first time in April.
Bank of America on Friday announced a second round of pay increases for junior investment bankers to go into effect in the coming months, Insider has learned.
The firm is bumping salaries for analysts in global corporate and
In all three divisions, first- and second-year analysts will make $100,000 and $105,000. Third-year analysts in global markets and global research will see their base pay bumped to $110,000.
The raises are set to take effect on February 1, and their goal, in part, is "fostering an environment where you can build a long-tenured career" the memo said.
A Bank of America representative confirmed the contents of the memo but declined to comment further.
Bank of America this spring kicked off a wave of pay increases on
On April 8, Insider reported that the firm was bumping the pay of analysts by $10,000 and of associates and vice presidents by $25,000.
Bloomberg first reported the news of the pay bump announced on Friday.
On Thursday, Insider reported the Guggenheim Securities, a division of the financial-services firm Guggenheim Partners, raised base
Other investment banks have exceeded the recent industry norm of $100,000. Evercore Partners raised first- and second-year investment-banking analysts' salaries to $120,000 and $130,000, Insider first reported this week.
- A college is removing its vending machines after a student discovered they were using facial-recognition technology
- 11 states pay more in federal taxes than they get back - here's how every state fares
- Steve Jobs once said the best managers are 'individual contributors' who aren't interested in managing people
- About 90% of Himalayas will face year-long drought at 3 degrees warming says new study
- Mollywood to Hollywood: Panorama acquires remake rights of Drishyam franchise
- Upcoming cars launching in India in March 2024
- Indian stock indices steady ahead of Q3 GDP data release
- Indian-origin Sridhar Ramaswamy named CEO of data cloud firm Snowflake