Cardano may need Africa more than Africa needs Cardano as the DeFi battle heats up
Cardano founder, Charles Hoskinson, will embark on a tour of Africa next week to meet with startups working on projects using his blockchain.
- According to Hoskinson, Cardano and its native token ADA can provide Africa countries with a more stable monetary alternative to traditional banking.
- For Cardano, the competition in decentralised finance (DeFi) is heating up with more competitors joining the fray.
- Hoskinson’s strategy to push for Cardano in a relatively untapped market could help the blockchain survive the tussle.
Just got back from Wyoming and I'm ready for this upcoming week. Heading to Africa soon- starting in South Africa a… https://t.co/EJiPvyRBcf— Charles Hoskinson (@IOHK_Charles) 1633899315000
According to him, countries in Africa are in need of a safe and strong financial system. The continent’s young population and rising digital adoption coupled with the lack of any legacy monetary systems makes it a ripe destination for Cardano to thrive — or at least try.
“The first countries that hold national elections online that are credible, free, fair, and auditable are likely to be African nations. They will be the first countries to have an end-to-end digital identity and economy.”
While the economic needs of Africa cannot be understated, Cardano has its own objectives to meet. It’s already caught in a battle against new competitors in the space of decentralised finance (DeFi) looking to be the next ‘Ethereum Killers’ and, now,
More recently, despite hosting the Cardano Summit in September — which included a slew of announcements including commercial offices specifically for Africa — the blockchain’s native token, ADA, has been struggling to stay in the green even as the global crypto market has been recovering.
African countries have historically struggled with issues of infrastructure problems, which have resulted in financial services being less accessible to the common man. Cryptocurrency, arguably, could provide an alternative to traditional banking.
Once Ethereum joins the band of being energy efficient, the climb will only get harder for Cardano. ADA may be fourth biggest cryptocurrency on the market as of today, October 14, but this is after it lost its coveted third ranking during September’s FUD — fear, uncertainty and doubt.
Moreover, ADA has a gap of over $300 billion to make up for if it plans on being as big as Ether.
Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
Ethereum 2.0’s first upgrade will happen this month — a step closer to denting the competitive advantage of ‘Ethereum Killers’
China crypto crackdown is far from over — it wants to add Bitcoin mining to the list of ‘eliminated’ industries and over 20 companies have already moved out
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life
- Budget 2023 proposes 20% TCS on foreign expenses under LRS