CoinList notches a $1.5 billion valuation as the trading app rides a wave of crypto enthusiasm
- CoinList is valued at $1.5 billion after raising $100 million in its latest funding round.
- The trading app said it focused on fast-growing regions in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
CoinList fetched a $1.5 billion valuation after raising $100 million in its latest funding round, the company said in a Tuesday statement.
The trading app for new digital assets, which launched in 2017, said it focused its fundraising in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, where it's "growing fastest."
Early backers Accomplice and Agman co-led the funding round. Access Ventures, Taavet+Sten, GoldenTree Asset Management, and Fenbushi Capital, among others, also participated.
"This represents a major milestone in our mission to accelerate the advancement and adoption of crypto," CoinList said in its statement, adding that it will use the funds to scale its services and better support its community.
In the past 12 months, CoinList's global user base has soared more than 40-fold to 4.5 million accounts across 170 countries, Coindesk reported. New crypto projects such as Solana, Mina, Algorand, and Flow have all used CoinList to disseminate their tokens, Coindesk added.
Meanwhile, investors have flocked to the digital asset space this month, following the approval of the first-ever bitcoin linked exchange-traded fund.
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Qualcomm India joins WEP to empower 8 women-led startups
- Woman-led edtech unicorn Guild lays off 172 employees
- OnePlus Nord 3 to Realme 11 series, smartphones launching this June in India
- India Pharma & India Medical Device 2023 places India as leading international healthcare hub
- Looking for a 5G phone under ₹20,000? Here are the best options in 2023