Crypto mega-billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried has seen his net worth cut in half amid the crypto crash. Here’s how much several other heavyweights have lost.
- The crypto crash has slashed the net-worth of billionaires like
Sam Bankman-Fried, Mike Novogratz, and others. Coinbase's founder has seen his wealth drop from $13.7 billion to $2.2 billion, per Bloomberg data.
A broad crash across risk assets spread to cryptocurrencies this week, dragging down the net worth of industry titans as
And then there are the Winklevoss twins, Tyler and Cameron, co-founders of crypto exchange Gemini, who have each lost roughly $2.2 billion in wealth — about 40%, per Bloomberg data.
The plunge has also slashed the value of Coinbase, the largest US crypto exchange. Coinbase shares have cratered 84% since April 21, and founder Brian Armstrong has seen his net worth fall to $2.2 billion from $13.7 billion in November, according to Bloomberg.
Meanwhile, the net worth of prominent crypto bull Mike Novogratz, CEO of Galaxy Digital, has sunk from $8.5 billion to $2.5 billion, Bloomberg data shows. Novogratz has voiced support for TerraUSD, the stablecoin that's made headlines this week for its near-total collapse along with sister token Luna.
On Wednesday, bitcoin dropped below $25,500, its lowest since December 2020 and more than 60% below its high of $69,000 reached in 2021.
Bitcoin was trading around $28,320 at 9:50 a.m. ET. Ethereum moved below $2,000, hovering around $1,925.
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life
- Budget 2023 proposes 20% TCS on foreign expenses under LRS