Dogecoin soars 26% as Elon Musk clinches Twitter purchase, raising hopes for the meme coin's use as a payment method on the platform
Dogecoinjumped 26% Monday after Elon Musk's $44 billion buyout offer.
- Musk's tweets have been a significant influence on dogecoin's price movements in recent years.
Dogecoin jumped 26% on Monday after Twitter announced it is accepting Elon Musk's $44 billion buyout offer.
Musk has been a big booster of the meme-based
Musk had earlier teased at a dogecoin-Twitter integration in a tweet he posted that suggested paying for Twitter Blue, the platform's subscription service, using the crypto. Musk also tweeted that he was working with dogecoin's team to improve system efficiency.
Dogecoin shot up to $0.1673 Monday, up 26%, to extend its gain after rallying 9% earlier in the day.
When the Tesla CEO announced in January that the electric vehicle maker would accept some merchandise payments in dogecoin, the token spiked about 10%.
- RIL to start churning free cash flows as operating income rises, says JP Morgan
- Indian equity market enters coveted USD 4-trillion market cap club for first time
- Lesser known facts about Charlie Munger, Warren Buffet’s second and accomplice
- Fedbank Financial Services IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Flair Writing IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more