Hackers swipe $360,000 worth of Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs in the 3rd attack on Yuga Labs since April
- A hacker stole about 200 ETH, or $360,000, worth of Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTS on June 4.
- "Our Discord servers were briefly exploited today," the official Bored Ape Twitter account wrote Saturday.
Bored Ape Yacht Club, one of the top non-fungible token collections, saw its Discord server hacked Saturday and an attacker swipe roughly $360,000 worth of NFTs, according to Yuga Labs.
A hacker compromised the Discord account of the project's community manager, Boris Vagner, and then posted phishing links in the official Bored Ape Yacht Club channel as well as another channel.
"Our Discord servers were briefly exploited today," the official Bored Ape Twitter account wrote June 4. "The team caught and addressed it quickly. About 200 ETH worth of NFTs appear to have been impacted. We are still investigating, but if you were impacted, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org."
—Bored Ape Yacht Club (@BoredApeYC) June 4, 2022
The attack marks the third time in just a few months that someone has been able to infiltrate a Yuga-Labs run account to steal funds.
The first incident occurred April 1, when an attacker stole a Mutant Ape Yacht Club NFT through a phishing link posted in a Discord channel. The second was via a fake minting link on April 25.
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance
- Banks closed for 1/3rd of October 2023 – Check out dates and details
- Tax-friendly destinations: A guide to the world's lowest taxes countries