Humanoid robot Sophia is entering the metaverse with ‘intelligent’ NFTs
robot Sophianow plans to enter the metaversewith an anime version of herself.
- An auction of 100 intelligent non-fungible tokens (NFTs) will launch as a part of the
initial game offering(IGO) for ‘Noah’s Ark’.
- The auction will take place over five days, with twenty
iNFTsbeing released one day at a time, from December 16 to December 21.
AdvertisementSophia, the humanoid robot who spoke at the United Nations (UN) and has Saudi citizenship, is now set to hit another milestone by entering the metaverse. And, her virtual world will be called Noah’s Ark.
But Sophia’s a robot. In order to enter the metaverse, she needs a digital version of herself — enter Sophia beingAI, a virtual anime version of the robot. In a video interaction between the two, the original Sophia didn’t seem to be amped about having a virtual version of herself out there.
The company behind both personalities, beingAI, plans to launch 100 intelligent non-fungible tokens (iNFTs) called in collaboration with Alethea AI. An NFT is said to be ‘’intelligent’ if they have their own artificially intelligent (AI) personality. Within a game environment, these iNFTs can interact autonomously with people — kind of like in the movie Free Guy, featuring Ryan Reynolds.
Through my collaboration with David Hanson, I was inspired by his vision for creating benevolent AI, and deeply appreciate his trust in empowering us to create Sophia beingAI as a parallel, virtual existence of Sophia.
Sophia’s collection of iNFTs is called ‘The Transmedia Universe of Sophia beingAI’. It will be featured on
The auction will take place over five days, with twenty iNFTs being released one day at a time, until December 21.
Sophia, the humanoid robot, has lived a more exciting life than most humans. In addition to being an internet celebrity, she’s met Prime Ministers, movie stars, business leaders, and spiritual leaders from all over the world while having traveled to more than 50 countries.
Battle of metaverses: The Sandbox, Decentraland and CryptoVoxels see sales surge as companies look to get in on the ground floor
44 key areas, a national framework, and a multi-institutional approach — Here's what you need to know about India's new National Blockchain Strategy
A new Star Trek NFT is stored on the DNA of bacteria, and there are billions of copies already
Popular on BI
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- A man kept the same pair of contact lenses in for 3 years, causing permanent astigmatism and buildup behind his eyelids. His doctor said he's not responsible enough to wear contacts.
- Clarence Thomas wrote a scathing, nearly 50-page dissent about why the Supreme Court should have gutted voting rights
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar