Interactive Brokers launches cryptocurrency trading for clients
- Interactive Brokers clients can now trade cryptocurrencies, the company said Monday.
- IBKR joins Robinhood as one of the only major retail brokerages to enable clients to invest directly in cryptocurrencies.
- Shares of IBKR slipped 0.5% Monday.
Interactive Brokers clients can now trade bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, and bitcoin cash amid soaring demand for the assets, the company said Monday.
IBKR joins Robinhood as one of the only major brokerage firms to enable clients to invest directly in cryptocurrencies. Competitor brokers Fidelity and Charles Schwab currently don't offer direct
"While other crypto exchanges and brokers charge fees of 2.00% of trade value or more and add spreads or markups to the price, cryptocurrency trading with Paxos on Interactive Brokers' platform has low commissions of just 0.12% - 0.18% of trade value, depending on monthly volume, with a USD 1.75 minimum per order. Plus, there are no added spreads, markups, or custody fees," the company said.
In June, IBKR Chairman and founder Thomas Peterffy said that the firm will start trading crypto on its platform by the end of the summer.
The service is currently available to clients who are US residents with individual or joint accounts. Interactive Brokers said it plans to launch the crypto trading to international clients some time in the future.
Shares of IBKR slipped 0.5% Monday.
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip