Top mutual funds to invest in large cap and mid cap stocks
- Are you looking to invest in top mutual funds in the large and mid cap category? Here is the list of top 5 picks for you.
- Large cap funds are generally a must in one’s portfolio as large cap companies, typically, have strong corporate practices that make them safe and transparent as well as, more often than not, provide good growth.
- Mid cap companies are the ones with ₹5,000 to 10,000 crore market valuation that have the potential to outperform the market.
AdvertisementLarge-cap funds and mid-cap funds are typically known to be a must in every investor’s mutual fund portfolio. Large cap companies have strong corporate practices that make them safe and transparent as well as, more often than not, provide good growth.
Mid cap companies have the potential to give outsized returns compared to large cap stocks. Such companies generally have more focused business models and do not diversify as large cap companies. Further, their market capitalisation keeps on increasing as more investors spot the opportunity which makes it even more valuable stock.
Now there are hundreds of mutual funds in these categories which makes it more confusing to choose from. So here are the best five funds in both categories with top ranking and consistent returns over five years.
Data source: ET Money
|Top 5 large cap funds||5 year return|
|Canara Robeco Bluechip Equity Fund||17.98%|
|Axis Bluechip Fund||18.27%|
|BNP Paribhas Large Cap Fund||14.67%|
|Kotak Bluechip Fund||15.26%|
|Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund||16.92%|
Further, mid cap companies are typically the ones with ₹5,000 to 10,000 crore market valuation. Moreover midcap stocks have been outperforming large cap companies for some time.
These could be some of the fastest-growing companies in India and are, at one stage, likely to become large cap companies.
The sooner you get in these stocks, the more your investments can grow.
Hence, some investment in their growth cycles is a must in every investor’s portfolio.
However, not every midcap stock will be a success story. And, one may not have a information, or the analysis needed, to identify the real wealth creators.
So, it may be wise to invest in mutual funds where a manager is appointed to pick out the gems from the pile of stones.
Data source: ET Money
|Top 5 mid cap funds||5 year return|
|PGIM India Midcap Opportunities Fund||22.05%|
|Quant Mid Cap Fund||20.96%|
|Axis Midcap Fund||21.71%|
|BNP Paribhas Midcap Fund||17.56%|
|Edelweiss Mid Cap Fund||20.05%|
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: WhiteHat Jr’s CEO Karan Bajaj quits exactly a year after Byju’s acquired the company
15 small cap stocks that surged more than 100 per cent in last three months
Popular on BI
- Unlike millennials, GenZ employees don’t want to quit but want fewer working hours
- IIT Bombay and JSW Group to establish a technology hub for steel manufacturing
- Realme 9i 5G Review - 5G Upgrade With Cosmetic Changes
- Top 5 automatic cars under ₹10 lakh in India
- India's demand for the yellow metal rises 43% in Q2: World Gold Council