NFT sales hit $535 million over the past week. These were the 5 best-selling digital collections.
- NFT sales had a breakthrough year in 2021, with total sales volume surging to $14 billion.
- The NFT market is dominated by a handful of standout leaders due to their popularity and rarity.
- These are the five best-selling digital collectibles that helped drive $535 million in NFT sales over the past week.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
The cryptocurrency boom over the past few years has helped propel a newer market to record heights: digital collectibles known as
In fact, 2021 was a breakthrough year for NFTs, with total sales volume topping $14 billion as artists, investors, and entrepreneurs descend upon the nascent Web3 space.
NFTs use blockchain technology to keep a digital record of ownership, similar to
With NFT sales soaring, these are the five best-selling collections over the past week, according to NonFungible.
5. Art Blocks
7-Day Sales Volume: $8.3 million
Number of 7-Day Sales: 5,567
Highest Sale Price: $222,884
Explainer: "A storefront for genuinely programmable and on-demand generative artwork that is stored directly on the Ethereum blockchain."
7-Day Sales Volume: $9.6 million
Number of Sales: 232
Highest Sale Price: $91,847
Explainer: "Doodles come in a joyful range of colors, traits, and sizes with a collection size of 10,000. Doodles are a funky bunch that like to role play or transmogrify themselves into delicious treats. Holding a Doodle allows you to participate in coordinating the Doodles Community Treasury."
3. The Sandbox
7-Day Sales Volume: $9.9 million
Number of 7-Day Sales: 910
Highest 7-Day Sale: $84,467
Explainer: "The Sandbox is a community-driven UGC-voxel platform where users own their LAND and host their creative magic."
7-Day Sales Volume: $20.8 million
Number of Sales: 131
Highest Sale Price: $7.7 million
Explainer: "10,000 unique collectible characters with proof of ownership stored on the Ethereum blockchain. The project that inspired the modern CryptoArt movement."
1. Bored Ape Yacht Club
7-Day Sales Volume: $68.2 million
Number of Sales: 770
Highest Sale Price: $1.1 million
Explainer: "BAYC is a collection of 10,000 Bored Ape NFTs -- unique digital collectibles living on the Ethereum blockchain. Your Bored Ape doubles as your Yacht Club membership card, and grants access to members-only benefits."
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round