Peter Thiel-backed investment platform Bitpanda is now worth $4.1 billion after tripling its valuation in 5 months
Bitpandais worth $4.1 billion after its latest funding round led by billionaire investor Peter Thiel.
- Bitpanda, a stock and
cryptotrading service, tripled its valuation from just five months ago.
- The company, which is Austria's first unicorn, announced the new funding on Tuesday.
This means Bitpanda has since tripled its valuation from the $1.2 billion it was valued at just five months ago.
Austria's first unicorn made the announcement on Tuesday. The funding was led by Thiel's venture capital firm
Founded in 2014, Bitpanda began as a cryptocurrency trading company but has since broadened into an investment platform that allows its three million users to trade in fractional stocks or precious metals, according to Eric Demuth, company cofounder and CEO.
"Looking back, it's been an incredible journey," Demuth said in a statement. "We're proud to now be one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe."
The company's rivals include Revolut, Trade Republic, and
Bitpanda was founded by Demuth, Paul Klanschek, and Christian Trummer who all still have a majority stake in the Vienna-based firm. Calculations by Bloomberg estimate the trio having a combined net worth of more than $2 billion on paper.
Bitpanda's latest funding announcement comes as the cryptocurrency market is trading sideways on regulatory and environmental concerns after scaling to record highs earlier this year.
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- UP Police ties up with Amazon India to protect online shoppers from scamsters
- Mumbai Police issues prohibitory orders till June 11 – Find out what’s allowed and what’s not
- Foreign inflows of $45-50 bn over next 2 years to drive the next market rally, says Jimeet Modi
- Times Prime rolls out India’s first AI-driven Omni channel marketing campaign
- Apollo Micro Systems board approves Rs 200-cr fund raising plan