This Italian luxury brand is joining the NFT bandwagon
Business Insider india
Pradais launching its first solo non-fungible token ( NFT) on Thursday, June 2.
- Anyone who purchases one of Prada’s new limited-edition shirts, designed by
Cassius Hirst, will get the NFT.
- The exclusive perks and experiences that come along with the NFT will be unveiled on the Prada’s new
Discordserver once the sale is live.
Prada has no plans to get left behind as global luxury brands swarm to the metaverse and make their mark in the web3 world. The marquee Italian fashion designer will debut its first solo non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on Thursday, June 2.
The NFTs are a part of Prada’s
The physical part of the drop are black or white button-down unisex shirts – each designed by artist Cassius Hirst, son of NFT artist
To create a community experience, which is an integral part of the narrative around web3, Prada has also jumped onto Discord and set up its own server called ‘Prada Crypted’. This is where Prada will unveil the perks and experiences that will be exclusively available to its NFT owners.
The growing ‘phygital’ trend
Taking what exists in the physical world, and linking it to a digital experience, is what influencers are calling the ‘phygital’ trend. And, this isn’t Prada’s first foray in this direction. The fashion house launched another NFT earlier this year in collaboration with Adidas.
AdvertisementGucci, which has the first-mover advantage in terms of fashion entering web3, recently launched ‘Gucci Town’ on Roblox. The platform offers games and virtual handbags to players in exchange for Robux, the virtual currency on Roblox that can be purchased with a credit card.
Gucci even has its own Web3 team, called the ‘Dream Big’ team. It is dedicated to experimenting more in the blockchain and crypto area and turning it into a sustainable revenue stream.
Popular on BI
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP