Warner Music Group plans to build a ‘musical’ theme park and concert venue within The Sandbox metaverse
Warner Music Groupis building a ‘musical’ metaversewithin the metaverse platform The Sandbox.
- The ‘ESTATE’ will be developed as a cross between a musical theme park and a concert venue.
- Some of the Warner Music Group’s greatest hits include
Singing in the Rain, Wizard of Ozand Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
AdvertisementWarner Music Group wants to build a musical visual world within The Sandbox metaverse. The company behind hits like Singing in the Rain, Wizard of Oz and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory has acquired a plot of land within the metaverse and will feature performances by some of the firms’ artists.
As a first mover, Warner Music has secured the equivalent of beachfront property in the metaverse.
The plot of land, termed ‘ESTATE’, is slated to be a cross between a musical theme park and a concert venue.
While WMG may call itself a ‘first mover’, it’s actually a little late to the party. The Sandbox has over 200 other partnerships with big wig companies like Adidas, celebrities like Snoop Dogg and collectible NFT platform CryptoKitties already up and running.
How the ‘metaverse’ is disrupting the entertainment space
Concerts may no longer have been the most lucrative way for musical artists to earn money, but the COVID-19 pandemic certainly put a stop to at least one revenue stream for musical artists. No more performances or guest appearances or even studio recordings, for a while at least, during the peak of the pandemic.
Not only did the metaverse become a way for artists like Justin Beiber and Katy Perry to engage with their fans during 2021, but also new concepts like
Around the same time, other notable artists seen dropping NFTs include Mick Jagger, Eminem, Steve Aoki, and, of course, Snoop Dogg — who revealed himself to be the Twitter influencer called CozomoMedici.
The metaverse platform Decentraland hosted a four-day Metaverse Festival in 2021. The event featured 80 artists and DJs including Deadmau5, DJ Paris Hilton, and even homegrown RENU.
OPINION: Experts’ guide to understanding the role of DeFi in digital finance
TVS Motor, PNB, Kotak Mahindra Bank, L&T, Dr. Reddy’s and other hot stocks on January 28
Indian crypto exchanges, influencers fall prey to hacks promoting crypto scam
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip