Snoop Dogg’s new project will let fans party with him inside his LA mansion — and potentially be neighbours
Snoop Dogghas inked a deal with the blockchain gamingproject The Sandbox.
- The Doggfather will recreate his LA mansion as host VIP concerts within its walls.
- On September 30, The Sandbox plans to host a land sale so users can buy plots next to the rapper’s house within the metaverse and be digital neighbors.
AdvertisementSnoop Dogg, who recently outed himself as the non-fungible token (
“I’m always on the lookout for new ways of connecting with fans.”
The rapper, known for his hits including ‘Drop like it’s hot’ and ‘Who am I?’, already has an estimated $17 million in Ethereum-based NFTs, including nine of the legendary CyrptoPunks.
Now, he’s taking things a step further by not simply minting his own NFTs but recreating his entire mansion — and will be hosting parties for other Sandbox users to join in. The first of which is a limited ‘Snoop Dogg Private Party Pass’. It allows users access to concerts, events, Q&A sessions as well as dedicated NFT drops.
Users can sign up to be Snoop Dogg’s neighbour
The Doggfather is also launching an NFT 3D avatar collection which not only includes avatars of the Rapper’s various faces but also recreations of his personal car collection, dogs, statues and other iconic items.
Sold out in 20 mins. https://t.co/qlhbYI5OYN— Nickyads (@nickyads) 1632416969000
Come September 30, The Sandbox plans to host a land sale for vacant plots next to Snoop Dogg’s house in the metaverse. So, technically — at least in the virtual world — fans can buy in to be the rapper’s neighbour.
His real house is located within the gated community of Country Estate on the eastside of Los Angeles in Diamond Bar, California. He bought the mansion back in 1998 for a reported $720,000 and has lived there ever since.
The house takes up around 2.8 hectares of land in the real world and has a square footage of 4,000. It is unclear right now if Snoop also plans to recreate ‘Tha Chuuch’, a two-story home on the same street as his mansion, which functions as his ‘ man cave’.
Evergrande’s impact on Bitcoin highlights how cryptocurrencies still have growing pains
Three reasons why this might be a good time to buy Bitcoin
Popular on BI
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Apple transportation through drones to become reality in tribal Kinnaur district of HP
- Researchers develop device that uses sound waves to separate blood-based nanoparticles
- 5 Bihar villages to be developed into human-carnivore coexistence zone
- Delhi's air quality will likely improve from Sunday evening, says IMD