The CIA confirms rumors that it's working on cryptocurrency projects
- At the Wall Street Journal CEO Council Summit on Monday,
CIADirector William Burns confirmed the agency is running several cryptocurrency-related projects
- Burns said the agency is monitoring the digital asset and ransomware space.
It's official: the Central Intelligence Agency is involved in
During the Wall Street Journal's CEO Summit on Monday, CIA Director William Burns confirmed that the government agency is running several cryptocurrency-related projects. Burns said it was his predecessor, David Cohen, who started the projects.
While some conspiracy theorists have long held that the CIA invented
Burns also said that the CIA would be looking to add crypto experts to its team of intelligence analysts and open communication lines with industry experts.
Regarding ransomware attacks, Burns said the digital asset space "could have enormous impact" on the country. While he did not mention specifics, Burns did say that the agency is looking into the financial networks used by criminal groups leveraging digital assets for ransom.
Burns said his predecessor "had set in motion a number of different projects focused on
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Mumbai
- Reliance Retail receives full subscription amount of Rs 2,069.50 cr from KKR, allots 1.71 cr shares
- As inflation continues to remain high, RBI likely to keep interest rates unchanged
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning