‘X AE A-12 don’t hurt me’ — Vitalik Buterin tells Elon Musk what love is
Ethereumco-founder Vitalik Buterintold Elon Muskthat love is, “X AE A-12 don’t hurt me,” during a session of ‘ask me anything’ (AMA) on Twitter.
- The fellow Doge enthusiast also highlighted his biggest regret with respect to Ethereum was choosing to have eight co-founders on board.
- That many people, chosen indiscriminately, made coordination and agreement difficult — especially when ‘huge incentive conflicts are at play’.
Tech billionaire Elon Musk jumped onto an ‘ask me anything’ (AMA) session hosted by Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin to ask one of the biggest existential questions ever —
Doing a random twitter experiment just on this day. Only the 268 people I follow can reply to this tweet. Feel free… https://t.co/t3YmXo3K2Z— vitalik.eth (@VitalikButerin) 1630535466000
Buterin, who is also a Dogecoin enthusiast like Musk, replied, “X AE A-12 don’t hurt me…” implying that love is what Musk feels for his son — wishing to keep him away from all the pains of the world.
@VitalikButerin https://t.co/EFGqFcsJ6S— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1630549585000
Other bigwig questions about life and the universe included what Buterin has changed his mind about, life extension, obvious uses of crypto being ignored by the public at large, and more. However, his learnings from the Ethereum project seems to have drawn the most eyes.
Buterin’s biggest regret
When asked what his biggest regret is from his Ethereum journey, Buterin’s response was simple — the whole ‘8 cofounders’ thing.
@sunnya97 The whole "8 cofounders" thing (and choosing them so quickly and nondiscriminately).— vitalik.eth (@VitalikButerin) 1630547386000
For those who aren’t familiar with Ethereum’s history, the blockchain platform has more cofounders than is usual for a single project — eight, to be exact. And, each came on board with their own agenda and idea of what Ethereum should be.
The platform was originally described in a white paper by Buterin in 2013 with the objective of creating decentralised applications. But he wanted more people to guide the formative stages of the cryptocurrency.
@el33th4xor People are harder to tightly coordinate in small groups than I expected. You can't just get everyone to… https://t.co/3QkJZAKvLn— vitalik.eth (@VitalikButerin) 1630536459000
Hoskinson — who was once the CEO of Ethereum — is now the founder of Cardano, the third biggest cryptocurrency in the market. Similarly, Wood built Polkadot, which is also among the top 10 blockchain platforms by market capitalisation. Lubin, on the other hand, launched Consensys — an incubator for other blockchain startups.
- With the metaverse, NFTs and DeFi on the rise, Ethereum miners rake in $2 billion in revenue — a jump of 11% over October
- Gen Bipin Rawat, his wife, and 11 others killed in chopper crash near Coonoor in Tamil Nadu
- RBI keeps lending rates intact, remains accommodative
- India remains to be ranked as the fourth most powerful country as per Asia Power Index 2021
- Although Shriram Properties has solid future prospects, Omicron may mess things in the near term