IT Department can now track your PAN transactions
AdvertisementThe Indian government is all set to launch a new PAN activity monitoring and analysis software. This tool would allow the Income Tax department to check transactions history of any individuals. The department expects this to help them effectively track the black money trail.
The tool is currently being put through final tests by an elite team of tax sleuths and software analysts in Delhi. The new software would allow IT authorities to view enable the taxman to view transactions history of any individual or organization where a
The project is expected to start by the end of this month by the Finance Ministry. This would also enable the IT department and NSDL and UTIITSL to allocate a fresh PAN number and issue a new PAN card in 48 hours flat.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA
- Domestic occupiers keep office space demand high in 2023
- Nifty, Sensex bounce back on Friday but experts see resistance at higher levels
- Temperature's Toll: Hospitals see a surge in drug and alcohol abuse-related visits on hotter nights, study reveals