ITC's Yippee cashes into Maggi controversy, nearing Rs 1,000-crore mark
AdvertisementITC's instant noodles brand Yippee has made the most out of the controversy that hit Nestle's Maggi. It will soon become a Rs 1,000 Crore brand.
"Sunfeast YiPPee! as a brand is now in its fifth year post the national rollout... We are proud to say that Yippee Noodles is poised to enter the Rs 1,000 crore club in the ITC Foods stable," ITC Ltd Divisional Chief Executive, Foods Division V L Rajesh told PTI.
Explaining Yippee's growth pre- and post-Maggi ban, rajesh said it was "growing at more than 40% before the controversy broke out..., with all the competitors in the market".
"The controversy and confusion that prevailed adversely affected the whole industry. However, with our proactive inputs and innovative campaigns, we were the fastest to recover and then exceed our old sales levels," Rajesh added.
The company's campaigns had focused on "world-class product and manufacturing processes", he said.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- Gandhar Oil IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India