I've been switching between Apple's new iPhone 11 and 11 Pro - here are the best and worst things about using them so far
Crystal Cox/Business Insider
- Apple's new iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro come with better cameras that can see in the dark and take ultra-wide photos, and offer great battery life.
- But there are some drawbacks that are worth noting, such as the iPhone 11's lack of a fast-charging compatible adapter.
- All three of Apple's new iPhones launched in stores on September 20, with the iPhone 11 starting at $700, the 11 Pro beginning at $1,000, and the entry-level Pro Max being priced at $1,100.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
After much anticipation, Apple's new iPhones launched on September 20.
The new iPhone trio - which includes the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max - introduces improvements to the camera like a new ultra-wide-angle lens and the ability to take clearer photos in the dark. Like every recent iPhone, they also run on new processors - this year's version is called the A13 Bionic chip.
The new entry-level iPhone is also slightly cheaper this year compared to the 2018 model. The iPhone 11 starts at $700, whereas last year's iPhone XR began at $750. If you opt for one of the Pro models, you'll be spending at least $1,000 for the iPhone 11 Pro or $1,100 for the larger iPhone 11 Pro Max.
I've been using all three phones over the past several days, and here's a look at the pros and cons I've discovered so far.
Pro: Both the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro offer long battery life.
Con: The 'notch' is still as noticeable as ever.
Pro: They can also take crisp and clear photos in the dark — giving Google's Night Sight some serious competition.
Con: The iPhone 11 also lacks a fingerprint scanner, meaning you must type in a passcode when not using Face ID.
Pro: The camera interface lets you see how your shot will look both in wide and ultra-wide mode before you take it.
Con: The iPhone 11 Pro is also heavier than last year's iPhone.
Pro: The iPhone 11 Pro's matte-glass back gives the phone a polished and durable feel.
Pro: The iPhone 11 Pro finally comes with a bigger charger that can power your phone faster.
Con: The iPhone 11 doesn't.
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- New York officials ban airports from charging up to $28 for a beer — a price tag they described as 'totally indefensible'
- How to use the realistic crying face filter on Snapchat
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani
- Reserve Bank to pay ₹30,307 crore dividend payment to Centre for FY22