I've been switching between Apple's new iPhone 11 and 11 Pro - here are the best and worst things about using them so far
Crystal Cox/Business Insider
- Apple's new iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro come with better cameras that can see in the dark and take ultra-wide photos, and offer great battery life.
- But there are some drawbacks that are worth noting, such as the iPhone 11's lack of a fast-charging compatible adapter.
- All three of Apple's new iPhones launched in stores on September 20, with the iPhone 11 starting at $700, the 11 Pro beginning at $1,000, and the entry-level Pro Max being priced at $1,100.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
After much anticipation, Apple's new iPhones launched on September 20.
The new iPhone trio - which includes the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max - introduces improvements to the camera like a new ultra-wide-angle lens and the ability to take clearer photos in the dark. Like every recent iPhone, they also run on new processors - this year's version is called the A13 Bionic chip.
The new entry-level iPhone is also slightly cheaper this year compared to the 2018 model. The iPhone 11 starts at $700, whereas last year's iPhone XR began at $750. If you opt for one of the Pro models, you'll be spending at least $1,000 for the iPhone 11 Pro or $1,100 for the larger iPhone 11 Pro Max.
I've been using all three phones over the past several days, and here's a look at the pros and cons I've discovered so far.
Pro: Both the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro offer long battery life.
Con: The 'notch' is still as noticeable as ever.
Pro: They can also take crisp and clear photos in the dark — giving Google's Night Sight some serious competition.
Con: The iPhone 11 also lacks a fingerprint scanner, meaning you must type in a passcode when not using Face ID.
Pro: The camera interface lets you see how your shot will look both in wide and ultra-wide mode before you take it.
Con: The iPhone 11 Pro is also heavier than last year's iPhone.
Pro: The iPhone 11 Pro's matte-glass back gives the phone a polished and durable feel.
Pro: The iPhone 11 Pro finally comes with a bigger charger that can power your phone faster.
Con: The iPhone 11 doesn't.
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best portable room heaters in India
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Best high speed blenders in India
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons