I've been using Apple's big new iOS 13 update for 24 hours, and the new Messages and Photos updates are the best part
Brittany Hosea-Small/Getty Images
- Apple released the iOS 13 update for iPhones this week.
- The update comes with an updated Photos app, the long-awaited dark mode, and other changes.
- While some say that iOS 13 is off a buggy start, I've had a good experience so far.
- The best part are the changes to the Messages and Photos apps, both of which have updates that help you find exactly what you're looking for.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Apple released iOS 13 for iPhones as old as the 6S on Thursday - and although some people have been using the public beta since June, it's new to me.I downloaded iOS 13 to my iPhone XR soon after it was released, and so far I've been impressed. While I haven't had the time to extensively test out every new feature in the sweeping new update, some updates stuck out immediately as clear improvements.
The actual usefulness of these changes will become more clear over time, but here are some of my first impressions after a day with iOS 13: