I've tried 6 different luggage brands, and this one is by far the best
- Luggage that's bulky, heavy, or difficult to manage can add to stress when traveling.
- Your luggage should be large enough to fit your belongings, have compartments for organization, be durable, and feel light enough to lift easily.
- I take dozens of trips each year, and have tried several different luggage brands over the years.
- For me, the EBags Fortis 30" Hardside Spinner comes out on top in terms of price, durability, looks, and weight.
I take dozens of trips every year, so I need a reliable and durable piece of luggage.
Since many of my trips last close to two weeks, I like to take checked luggage with me so I can prepare for different climates, pack video and camera equipment, and bring back souvenirs on the return leg.
Here are the six luggage brands I have used over the years, and the one piece of luggage that checked all of my boxes: size, comfort, durability, safety, and value.
The EBags Fortis 30" Hardside Spinner wins in size, weight, cost, durability, and safety
The Delsey AERO held up against bumpy terrain
TravelPro Crew 11 25" Expandable Spinner Suiter is durable and well-organized
The GeniusPack Aerial 25'' Hardside Spinner Upright features compartments and a packing checklist
The EagleCreek ORV Trunk 36 is the ideal suitcase for the adventurous traveler
The Thule Subterra Luggage 30" is two bags for the price of one
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Linda Yaccarino to take over as new Twitter CEO on Monday, hires key aide
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid positive global cues: Wipro, Hero MotoCorp, SBI Life among stocks to watch
- OPEC Plus will continue oil output cuts as prices remain unchanged
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238