Jack Dorsey is giving a third of his Twitter stock back to employees
"I'm giving ~1/3rd of my Twitter stock (exactly 1% of the company) to our employee equity pool to reinvest directly in our people," Dorsey tweeted. "As for me: I'd rather have a smaller part of something big than a bigger part of something small. I'm confident we can make Twitter big!"
Based on Twitter's current closing price of $29.15 per share, Dorsey's just given over about $214 million worth of company stock back to employees.
Better yet, Dorsey actually announced this to Twitter by posting the tweets while on stage in front of the company's employees:
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I tried a calendar that's meant to boost productivity by mapping out the number of weeks you have left to live — here's how it went
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Samsung launches Galaxy A03 Core with 6.5-inch display, 5,000 mAh battery, starting at ₹7,999
- Nifty 50 goes below 17,000-mark on rising Omicron cases, fear of lockdown
- Indian government is reportedly looking to regularise work from home with a comprehensive framework
- Companies raised ₹52,759 crore from IPOs till October this fiscal, says Nirmala Sitharaman
- WPP acquires branding and design agency Made Thought