JB Holmes lost a lot of money in the final round of The Players Championship
When the final round of The Players Championship started on Sunday, J.B. Holmes was the co-leader and in position to pick up the biggest win of his career. Then disaster struck.
Holmes shot a 12-over 84 in the final round, including 7-over on the final two holes thanks in large part to putting two balls in the water on the famed 17th hole island green.
The score not only dropped Holmes from the top of the leaderboard, it also cost him a lot of money. The winner of The Players takes home $1.89 million. But by falling all the way to a tie for 41st, Holmes instead took home $36,750.
Diana Yukari/Business Insider
- Sensex drops 195 pts; snaps 4-day winning run on losses in IT, FMCG shares
- Best pilgrimage destinations to visit in India
- After eliminating extreme poverty, India now eligible to move to a higher poverty line: report
- Stock market closes on negative note as Sensex ends winning streak
- Lava Blaze Curve 5G launched in India starting at ₹17,999