Jeff Bezos is reportedly dating former TV anchor Lauren Sanchez while she's still married to a high-powered Hollywood agent
Todd Williamson/Getty Images for Amazon Studios
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is reportedly dating entrepreneur and former TV anchor Lauren Sanchez.
- Earlier on Wednesday, Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos announced that they were divorcing after 25 years together.
- The New York Post reports that Sanchez is still married to Hollywood agent Patrick Whitesell, though the pair have separated.
- The National Enquirer says that it's on the verge of publishing an exposé on the alleged affair between Bezos and Sanchez, with claims that its reporters tailed the pair for months.
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos reportedly has a new romance in his life: Former TV anchor Lauren Sanchez.
On Wednesday, the billionaire exec and his wife MacKenzie Bezos announced that they were divorcing, saying in a joint statement: "We want to make people aware of a development in our lives. As our family and close friends know, after a long period of loving exploration and trial separation, we have decided to divorce and continue our shared lives as friends."
The New York Post and the National Enquirer now both report that that Jeff Bezos, 54, is romantically involved with 49-year-old Sanchez, a former "Good Day LA" news anchor with Fox who also works as a helicopter pilot and entrepreneur.
The TV host is also still married to Patrick Whitesell, the co-CEO of prominent Hollywood talent agency WME. Whitesell counts Matt Damon, Christian Bale, and Hugh Jackman among his clients. According to the New York Post, Sanchez and Whitesell separated in the fall. It's after this that Bezos reportedly "became closer" with Sanchez. Sanchez has three children - two from her marriage to Whitesell and one from a previous relationship.
The National Enquirer says it conducted a four-month investigation into Bezos and Sanchez's alleged affair, and suggests that it was its impending report - due to be published in full later this week - that sparked the announcement from Bezos.
"During a blockbuster four-month investigation, The ENQUIRER tracked Bezos, who turns 55 on Jan. 12, and secret lover Sanchez across five states and 40,000 miles, tailed them in private jets, swanky limos, helicopter rides, romantic hikes, five-star hotel hideaways, intimate dinner dates and 'quality time' in hidden love nests," the National Enquirer wrote in a story teasing its upcoming investigation.
Bezos has an estimated net worth of around $137 billion, and news of his impending divorce has sparked fevered separation as to what it will mean for his fortune. It's not clear whether Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos signed a prenuptial agreement or formed another arrangement regarding what might happen if they split. The couple have been married for 25 years, and have four children.
An Amazon spokesperson did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
Got a tip? Contact this reporter via Signal or WhatsApp at +1 (650) 636-6268 using a non-work phone, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Telegram or WeChat at robaeprice, or Twitter DM at @robaeprice. (PR pitches by email only, please.) You can also contact Business Insider securely via SecureDrop.
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams