Jeff Bezos' net worth plunged by $3.4 billion in Monday's stock rout - and the rest of the world's super rich lost $117 billion
- Jeff Bezos yesterday lost $3.4 billion in net worth on Monday, after US stocks plunged after China's yuan fell dramatically, Bloomberg reported.
- The world's richest lost 2.1% collectively, with the 500 wealthiest losing $117 billion.
- Mark Zuckerberg lost $2.8 billion while Bill Gates lost $2 billion in net worth.
- View Markets Insider for more stories.
The world's 500 wealthiest people lost a collective $117 billion as stocks plunged across the world after China's move to let its currency fall to 2008 levels sparked global fears of an escalation in the US-China trade war.
Other notable losses were Bernard Arnault losing $3.2 billion, Mark Zuckerberg down $2.8 billion, Mukesh Ambani dropping $2.4 billion, and Bill Gates' net worth down by $2 billion.
Of those 500, Jeff Bezos, the world's wealthiest person, lost $3.4 billion, according to Bloomberg, as Amazon's stock plunged 3.2%.
"But he's still the richest person on the planet with $110 billion," Bloomberg said.
Bloomberg also noted that even after the losses, the 500 wealthiest individuals control roughly $5.4 trillion, up 11% from the start of 2019.
Last week, Bezos had sold off more of Amazon's shares than previously thought, totalling roughly $2.8 billion.
- Elon Musk's brain-chip startup shares video it says shows a monkey telepathically 'typing'
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Herschel Walker's son says Trump called his father for months demanding that he run, while 'everyone with a brain' begged him not to
- 1,330 recognised startups from gaming and related sectors as on Nov 30: Som Parkash
- Sula Vineyards to open IPO next week from Dec 12-14; GMP already at ₹70 per share
- India to add 9 million gig jobs by 2025 says Indeed report
- From Brahmastra to KGF: The most searched movies on Google in 2022 in India
- Adjusted for inflation, policy rate still remains accommodative, says RBI Governor
- Jio Haptik
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World