Jim Goetz Is Silicon Valley's New God
Who is Jim Goetz?
Goetz grew up in the Midwest. He graduated with a BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Cincinnati and went on to get an MS from Stanford. Goetz got started on a PhD but says he gave it up to start a project manager career. He held a variety of PM roles first at SynOptics and later at AT&T.
Before Goetz was an investor he was an entrepreneur. He co-founded a company called VitalSignals. From there Goetz went to Accel Partners, a prominent venture capital firm in Silicon Valley. He joined Sequoia Capital in 2004 and focuses on startups in the mobile and enterprise space. "I'm inspired by founders who aim to disrupt the enterprise (Jive Software, Nimble Storage, Palo Alto Networks), or change the mobile landscape," he says.
Goetz serves on the board of Whatsapp and Jive Software, as well as number of other companies. WhatsApp was the only consumer bet Goetz has made at Sequoia.
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- You can buy more Yeezys today, if you can get past the app crashes and error messages
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May