Jim Goetz Is Silicon Valley's New God
Who is Jim Goetz?
Goetz grew up in the Midwest. He graduated with a BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Cincinnati and went on to get an MS from Stanford. Goetz got started on a PhD but says he gave it up to start a project manager career. He held a variety of PM roles first at SynOptics and later at AT&T.
Before Goetz was an investor he was an entrepreneur. He co-founded a company called VitalSignals. From there Goetz went to Accel Partners, a prominent venture capital firm in Silicon Valley. He joined Sequoia Capital in 2004 and focuses on startups in the mobile and enterprise space. "I'm inspired by founders who aim to disrupt the enterprise (Jive Software, Nimble Storage, Palo Alto Networks), or change the mobile landscape," he says.
Goetz serves on the board of Whatsapp and Jive Software, as well as number of other companies. WhatsApp was the only consumer bet Goetz has made at Sequoia.
- Big Tech should obey the law of the land says India, after Twitter goes to court
- Tata Motors, Tata Steel, Marico among stocks to watch out for on July 6
- Best sandwich makers in India
- Orange alerts issued to 3 states by the weather department – what does it mean?
- Best moisturizer for face in India for daily use