Jim Goetz Is Silicon Valley's New God
View all Offers
MOCA by Monte Carlo Men's A-Line Coat₹ 2049₹ 3775Buy On
VERO MODA Women Typography Green Sweatshirt (1051041001_Golf Green_XS)₹ 859₹ 1999Buy On
Qube By Fort Collins Women's Parka Jacket₹ 899₹ 2399Buy On
MOCA by Monte Carlo Men's A-Line Coat₹ 2569₹ 4745Buy On
VERO MODA Women Typography Black Sweatshirt (1097142001_Black_XS)₹ 729₹ 1799Buy On
Who is Jim Goetz?
Goetz grew up in the Midwest. He graduated with a BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Cincinnati and went on to get an MS from Stanford. Goetz got started on a PhD but says he gave it up to start a project manager career. He held a variety of PM roles first at SynOptics and later at AT&T.
Before Goetz was an investor he was an entrepreneur. He co-founded a company called VitalSignals. From there Goetz went to Accel Partners, a prominent venture capital firm in Silicon Valley. He joined Sequoia Capital in 2004 and focuses on startups in the mobile and enterprise space. "I'm inspired by founders who aim to disrupt the enterprise (Jive Software, Nimble Storage, Palo Alto Networks), or change the mobile landscape," he says.
Goetz serves on the board of Whatsapp and Jive Software, as well as number of other companies. WhatsApp was the only consumer bet Goetz has made at Sequoia.
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- Best budget external hard disk drives under ₹4,000 in India
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover