Jimmy Kimmel called out Donald Trump Jr. for 'perpetuating' conspiracy theories about survivors of the Florida school shooting
- Jimmy Kimmel called out Donald Trump Jr. for "perpetuating" conspiracy theories about one of the Florida school shooting survivors on Wednesday night.
- In his monologue, Kimmel blasted far-right conspiracy theorists for claiming that some of the survivors were really "crisis actors" advancing a liberal agenda.
Jimmy Kimmel addressed the activism of the Parkland, Florida school shooting survivors on Wednesday night's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" The host also lashed out at those peddling conspiracy theories about the survivors, including Donald Trump Jr.
Kimmel began his monologue by discussing the class walkouts that the survivors orchestrated on Wednesday after the Florida state legislature refused to debate a bill banning assault weapons.
He then turned his attention to the far-right conspiracy theories that claim some of the survivors were really "crisis actors" advancing a liberal agenda. Kimmel called out Donald Trump Jr. for liking two conspiracy stories on Twitter that attacked one of the students.
"This is our president's son doing that," Kimmel said. "Liking a story that directly defames a student that survived a shooting."
Kimmel went on to call conspiracy theorists "crazy," and said that those who don't believe the conspiracies about the survivors "can't just sit there and let these scumbags spread these lies about these kids."
Watch the monologue:
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- 86-year-old removes ‘retirement’ from his dictionary to become a startup founder
- Two Indian-born mathematicians US, Canada get Padma awards
- Equal-weight index: For diversified investments with low volatility
- I wish we move ahead unitedly, PM Modi extends greetings on country's 74th Republic Day
- R-Day: Traffic islands, roundabouts in Lutyens' Delhi decked up with artistic floral designs