JioPhone launched; these are the key features
Besides the JioPhone, Reliance also launched its cable TV device.
While launching the JioPhone, RIL Chairman
The JioPhone will be available for free but buyers will have to deposit a fee of Rs 1500 which will be refundable after three years on returning the phone.
The pre-booking will start from August 24 and will be available from September this year.
While announcing the specifications of the JioPhone, Esha Ambani said, “It is made in India by the young Indian.”
Here are the features of the JioPhone:
- Reliance JioPhone is 4G VoLTE feature phone and sports a square design, along with a 2.4-inch QVGA display.
- It will come with an Alphanumeric keypad, dedicated button for torchlight, headphone jack, microphone, speaker, SD card slot, etc.
- JioPhone supports all languages, and users can speak to the device via voice commands.
- You can browse internet on the JioPhone as well and comes pre-loaded with Jio apps.
- JioPhone has SOS feature, which can be activated by pressing 5.
- Jio has launched recharge plans as well sachet packs, which start at Rs 153 per month. It gives users unlimited data on this 4G VoLTE feature phone.
Popular on BI
- Nifty closes just shy of 21K on gains in metal, IT shares; Sensex scales 70k-peak
- Online furniture brand Pepperfry registers Rs 188 cr losses in FY23
- Most searched movies in 2023 – Animal is not in the Top 10 and Adipurush beats Pathaan
- EPFO invested Rs 27,105 crore in exchange trade funds in Apr-Oct: Labour Min
- Cocktails to prasads: What Indians wanted to cook and brew in 2023