Jon Stewart had a lot of fun with the latest GOP candidate's bizarre launch video
Jindal kicked off his uphill White House campaign on Wednesday by releasing a hidden camera video of him telling his kids about his White House plans.
That video struck many reporters and other political observers as strange - especially because the children had a relatively muted reaction to the big reveal. Stewart agreed with this assessment and jokingly suggested that it was an ominous sign for Jindal's campaign.
"I am not a political scientist. I am obviously not a campaign manager. [However,] I believe a sign that your campaign may be in trouble when you cannot carry a majority of your immediate family," Stewart quipped.
Stewart noted that the children appeared to get far more excited about a nearby turtle.
"It turns out Jindal's kids found his presidential announcement less interesting than literally everything else in the backyard," he said.
- SC slams Nupur Sharma, says her loose tongue set the country on fire
- Will review tax on crude, diesel and ATF every fortnight says Nirmala Sitharaman
- JB Pharma acquires four pediatric brands of Dr Reddy’s Labs for ₹98.3 crore
- Hyundai feels the pinch of chip shortage, global sales fall 4.5%
- Audi gets back some of its lost shine with EVs, gears up for launch