Jon Stewart had a lot of fun with the latest GOP candidate's bizarre launch video
Jindal kicked off his uphill White House campaign on Wednesday by releasing a hidden camera video of him telling his kids about his White House plans.
That video struck many reporters and other political observers as strange - especially because the children had a relatively muted reaction to the big reveal. Stewart agreed with this assessment and jokingly suggested that it was an ominous sign for Jindal's campaign.
"I am not a political scientist. I am obviously not a campaign manager. [However,] I believe a sign that your campaign may be in trouble when you cannot carry a majority of your immediate family," Stewart quipped.
Stewart noted that the children appeared to get far more excited about a nearby turtle.
"It turns out Jindal's kids found his presidential announcement less interesting than literally everything else in the backyard," he said.
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts
- IPL has given me confidence to remain calm under pressure: Rinku Singh
- GST collection surges to 8-month high in November
- Environmental Impact Assessments