'Justice League' is going through $25 million of extensive reshoots - here's what we know
But Variety is reporting a different vibe inside the studio, specifically for its next big DC release, "Justice League."
The movie that will combine some of the biggest superheros from the DC Comics - Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg - is going through some extensive reshoots. Approximately $25 million of them, in fact.
Though it's common for huge studio movies to have reshoots, recently the practice has become major news due to the end-result of some big titles. Reshoots were praised after the huge success of "Rogue One," though they led to mixed results for "Suicide Squad" (which was critically slaughtered, but earned over $750 million worldwide).
Now, it's time for "Justice League" to go through the ringer.
It seems the reshoots are extensive. Reshoots typically go for a few weeks, but for "Justice League" they have gone on for two months, sources tell Variety.
According to Variety, the mustache will have to be digitally erased from the "Justice League" scenes as Paramount, the studio behind "Mission: Impossible," will not allow Cavill to shave it while the movie is in production.
The reshoots might also be lengthy because a new director is on the project. Joss Whedon, known for his "The Avengers" movies for Marvel, took over the project after the original director for "Justice League," Zack Snyder, left following his daughter's suicide in March. Whedon is reportedly working on scenes where the dialogue needs to be punched up, and sequences that will link to Snyder's existing set pieces.
It's still not clear if Whedon will get a director credit on the movie (a source close to the movie told Business Insider he won't get one, which coincides with Variety's reporting on the matter).
All this will be an afterthought if "Justice League" performs at the box office (and critically) as well as Warner Bros. expects it to, when it opens November 17.
Watch the "Justice League" footage shown at Comic-Con below:
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Top 5 places to visit in Darjeeling
- Delhi Metro launches WhatsApp-based ticketing service on Airport Line
- Fintech unicorn Taxfix lays off 120 employees to cut costs
- Not found sufficient evidence to arrest Brij Bhushan: Delhi Police
- Best Agrolife's Revenue Crosses ₹1,700 Cr., EBITDA Margin Reaches 18%, and 30% Dividend Recommended in FY23