Justin Bieber says he's 'willing to stand up' for the Black Lives Matters movement
"I am a white Canadian and I will never know what it feels like to be an African American," Bieber wrote in the caption of a post that read "Black Lives Matter.""But what I do know is I am willing to stand up and use my voice to shine light on racism, because it's a real thing and it's more prevalent now than I have ever seen in my lifetime," he wrote. "We are all God's children and we are ALL EQUAL."
The 23-year-old pop star appeared among many other celebrities at last week's "Hand in Hand" telethon, which raised over $55 million for victims of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
- Republican senators urge Biden not to accept India and South Africa proposal to WTO to waive COVID-19 vaccine patents
- YouTube removes five TV channels run by Myanmar's military
- Tokyo extends state of emergency in metropolitan area till March 21 in surge of COVID-19 cases
- Julius Baer upgrades India to overweight as fastest growing major economy in 2021
- Delhi govt budget likely to be 'biggest so far', have provisions to promote patriotism, say sources