Justin Trudeau celebrated World Environment Day by kayaking down the Niagara River - and the photos are fantastic
Mark Blinch (Reuters)
After finishing a short trip down the river that borders Canada and the US, Trudeau also made an appearance on "Live with Kelly and Ryan."
The environmental photo op comes days after US President Donald Trump announced he would pull the US out of the Paris climate agreement. While Trudeau called his relationship with Trump "constructive," he also said he was disappointed with the president's choice.
"World Environment Day reminds us that we have a global responsibility to safeguard our environment - and that each of us has a role to play to preserve and protect it," Trudeau said in an official statement. "More than ever, Canada is committed to provide international leadership to fight climate change and support clean economic growth."
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds
- Climate change could cause millions of children to be born prematurely, suffer lifelong complications
- Markets record rally makes investors richer by ₹4.29 lakh crore
- From undernutrition to obesity, Lancet study unveils India's double whammy
- GST collections in February rise 12.5% to cross ₹1.68 lakh crore