Juul's 1,500 employees may receive million-dollar bonuses this holiday season as part of the company's recent $12.8 billion funding round
- Juul will put $2 billion of its recent $12.8 billion funding round raised from tobacco giant Altria toward employee bonuses, according to a report from CNBC.
- With around 1,500 employees at Juul, that means each employee on average could receive a $1.3 million bonus.
- Bonus amounts will depend on many factors, including how long employees have been at Juul and how many stock option they've been granted, according to the report.
- Altria's investment puts Juul's valuation at $38 billion.
On Thursday, the Silicon Valley e-cig startup Juul got a whole lot richer, and apparently, so did its employees.
According to a report from CNBC, $2 billion of Juul's recent $12.8 billion raised from tobacco giant Altria will go towards employee bonuses. With around 1,500 employees at Juul splitting the $2 billion, that means each employee on average could receive $1.3 million, CNBC reports.
Not a bad holiday bonus.
Juul did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request to explain exactly how the payouts will work.
According to CNBC, which cites people familiar with the matter, bonus amounts will depend on many factors, including how long employees have been at Juul and how many stock options they've been granted.
The $12.8 billion investment from Altria - America's largest cigarette producer and parent company to Marlboro - gives it a 35% stake in the San Francisco-based e-cig maker.
The investment also puts Juul's valuation at $38 billion, which is higher than tech darlings like Airbnb, Pinterest, and Lyft.
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000