KIM KARDASHIAN: 'I want a bigger presence in the tech world'
Michael Loccisano/Getty Images for eBay
So it's no wonder that the 34-year-old reality TV star wants to continue building her brand within the industry, and creating more apps.
Adweek cover story, Kardashian tells the magazine:
I hope to have a bigger presence in the tech world. I love coming up with different app ideas, and I have a few more that are coming out. Once you get started and you have this creative bug of ideas that you want to get out, I feel like I've partnered with the right team, and now I have the creative outlet to make that happen. I'm happy that people are into it and perceiving it well. I just want to create more apps.
Turns out the E! reality star has really embraced her new role as app co-creator and star.
[The developers and I] talk daily-no set time, but we have these open emails and chats. If I have an idea, I send it to them. I [also] go down to [their home base] San Francisco every other month and meet with the whole team. The process and the approval process would just take too long [otherwise]. It's important that we connect and have a good relationship. And I think they value that because we do get everything done and expedite everything because we just have that open relationship.28 million downloads and 11 billion minutes of play since it launched last summer.
The app, a choose-your-own-adventure-style game, allows users to go on photo shoots, dates, and rub elbows with Hollywood elite in order to climb the ranks and become an A-list celebrity.
As for why the game has been so succesful, Kardashian tells Adweek:
It's how I think of my show-someone can always relate. People always want to get their mind off of things and have something fun to do because their lives are so hectic. It's a fun game that you can really get addicted to and just lose yourself in for a couple of hours.
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- Amul hikes milk price by ₹2/ltr in Gujarat
- GST mop-up rises 13% to ₹1.6 lakh crore in March, second highest collection ever
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge