Leaked Video Of What Could Be The iPhone 6's Flexible Sapphire Screen Cover
The bendable sapphire screen cover is expected to appear on the 5.5-inch iPhone coming out this fall, according to 9to5Mac.
As the expected launch date of the iPhone 6 draws ever closer, we've been closely following the numerous photo and design leaks around Apple's flagship hardware.
The company is expected to release two phones this September - one 5.5 inches and one 4.7 inches. Here's what the iPhone 6 might look like.
We haven't heard anything from Apple on whether we should expect sapphire glass on the iPhone 6, but the company has made payments to glass maker GTA for approximately 100 million to 200 million iPhone screen covers, 9to5Mac reports.
Just because the glass bends doesn't mean you'll be able to snap your next iPhone in half, however. We've seen bendable glass on Android handsets like the LG G Flex.
Based on what the Flex can do, we should expect sapphire glass to improve the iPhone's resistance to direct pressure (as in when you drop it). Sapphire glass would also make the iPhone potentially more comfortable to hold in your hand.
Apple blogger Sonny Dickson seems pretty impressed:
Watch it bend:
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds