LeEco goes from massive global launch in the U.S. to cost cutting programs in China to India becoming the company’s future, all in three weeks
After a-tell all letter to employees from the
The self made Chinese billionaire CEO,
The letter quite surprisingly followed LeEco’s massive global push with a huge splashy launch event last month in the U.S.
But the letter painted a different picture, “No company has had such an experience, a simultaneous time in ice and fire,” Jia wrote in a letter, obtained by Bloomberg News, describing LeEco’s rise and subsequent issues. “We blindly sped ahead, and our cash demand ballooned. We got over-extended in our global strategy. At the same time, our capital and resources were in fact limited.”
LeEco products and services include video streaming, TV, smartphone, content production and electric vehicles. It is also keen to expand its ecosystems around the world with presence in Hong Kong, India, Russia and the US.
According to a previous letter sent to the employees, the 12 year old
Since its entry into India in January this year, LeEco has introduced two generations of its ‘Superphone’, one generation of ‘SuperTV’ and entertainment membership services in the country. LeEco reiterates it is committed to the Indian markets and will be launching new products in India in the coming weeks.
Popular on BI
- RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries
- I quit buying from Amazon 4 years ago. I get better deals on products elsewhere but still have to use their services.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- Enforcement Directorate searches Hiranandani Group premises in Mumbai
- Indian PC market down by 6.6% in 2023, HP leads the market while Acer gains
- India's business activity surges to 7-month high in February
- Snapping 6-day gains, Indian stock indices in red; high valuations a concern
- ED issues look out notice against Byju Raveendran: Sources