LG's futuristic new TV rolls up into a box with the press of a button, and it hits stores in 2019 - see it in action
- LG's absurdly thin "Signature" series of TVs is getting even more absurd: The latest model is a "rollable" TV.
- When not being used, the skinny TV rolls down into a box that also doubles as a soundbar.
- There's no price or release date just yet, but LG says the rollable TV will ship in 2019.
Before reading any further, you have to see this new television in action:
Pretty impressive, right?
That's the rollable TV from LG. With the press of a button, it disappears into a relatively small rectangular box.
But the LG Signature OLED TV R, as it's officially known, is more than just novel trickery - it's a unique, impressive approach to new TV design. It was unveiled on Monday during the opening day of the annual Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, and it's already a standout of the event.
Here's what we know about it thus far:
The first wallpaper-thin, rollable TV from LG was shown during a stage presentation on Monday at the annual Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas:
It's a gorgeous display capable of top-of-the-line visuals:
The TV can also be used as a slimmer screen for simple functions, like listening to music or seeing the weather and time:
Seriously: It's very thin.
There's no price just yet — the 65-inch Signature series from LG currently costs about $7,000. The rollable version of that TV will assuredly cost much more.
Check out LG's full presentation on the rollable, ridiculously thin LG Signature OLED TV R right here:
- Route Mobile is eyeing the Latin America market to bump up its global presence
- Top smartwatches with always-on display in India
- Biometric devices for convenient identity authentication
- Best inkjet printers for business needs in India
- J&K has highest share of 5 per cent budget allocation in health sector across country: LG