Little Caesars is the first national pizza chain to jump on the vegan meat bandwagon
- Little Caesars is the first national pizza chain to add a meat substitute to the menu.
- The chain is testing the Impossible Supreme Pizza, made with plant-based sausage from Impossible Foods, in three markets starting on Monday.
- Meat-substitute-based menu items are sweeping the industry, as Burger King rolls out the Impossible Whopper and other chains add their own meatless options.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Little Caesars is the first national pizza chain to add a meat substitute to the menu.On Monday, the pizza chain announced that it is testing the Impossible Supreme Pizza, made with plant-based sausage from Impossible Foods, in Ft. Meyers, Florida; Albuquerque, New Mexico; and Yakima, Washington.
The result was a product Impossible Foods created specifically for Little Caesars: Impossible Sausage."Normally companies like to sell you the product they have, not the one they're going to invent," Gleich said. "But these guys could not have been more open to it." Little Caesars isn't the first chain that Impossible Foods has created a new product for. Burger King is rolling out the Impossible Whopper by the end of 2019. The Information's Zoë Bernard reported earlier in May that Impossible Foods has claimed chains including Subway, Dunkin' Donuts, Wendy's, Papa John's, and Arby's have expressed interest in a deal with the meat-substitute company.
"It feels like we're at that tipping point," Gleich said. "We feel we are an innovative company and we want to be ... the first brand out as it tips."
- Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'
- Analysts expect no surprises from Axis Bank in the second quarter — loan growth and collections to be slow