LIVE! Alabama Senate primary runoff results
AP Photo/Brynn Anderson
Strange and Moore are fighting for the Republican nomination for the Senate seat once occupied by Jeff Sessions, who became US attorney general earlier this year.
The race culminated on Tuesday into a battle of diverging ideals within the GOP, with Strange having received vocal support from President Donald Trump and establishment Republicans like Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
Moore has earned support of some conservatives who backed Trump in the 2016 election, including Sarah Palin and Republican former Sen. Jim DeMint. Trump's housing secretary Ben Carson came out in support of Moore last week. Populist agitator and former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon also fell on the side opposite of Trump.
Moore appeared to be leading Strange after polls closed in Alabama on Tuesday night, prompting Trump to worry whether he had backed the wrong candidate, according to sources cited by Politico.
This story is developing. Click here to refresh this post for updates.
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- A man kept the same pair of contact lenses in for 3 years, causing permanent astigmatism and buildup behind his eyelids. His doctor said he's not responsible enough to wear contacts.
- Clarence Thomas wrote a scathing, nearly 50-page dissent about why the Supreme Court should have gutted voting rights
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar