LIVE: Alphabet earnings
We'll have the numbers as soon as they hit. While you wait, here are Wall Street's expectations:
Revenue: $25.2 billion
EPS (adjusted): $9.67
Refresh this post for the latest updates.
In addition to the hard numbers, we'll be paying attention to comments on Alphabet's Other Bets companies, which have gone through a lot of changes over the last several months. Alphabet has ended several projects and lost many top executives and leaders during the back half of 2016. The moves were designed to help cut costs from Other Bets, which have yet to generate any meaningful revenue for Alphabet.
One Other Bet that did get some positive attention this week: Verily. On Thursday morning, Alphabet announced that Verily, which develops health technology like smart contact lenses, received a $800 million investment from a private firm based in Singapore.
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- I'm a software engineer who struggled with procrastination until I tried 'monk mode' — here's how it saves me up to 3 hours a day
- Parineeta director Pradeep Sarkar passes away at 67
- Shops of toddy, poor man's scotch, to undergo a major facelift in Kerala
- Madhav Sheth accepts global role at realme, new India head yet to be announced
- Paramount to remake Hitchcock's 'Vertigo,' Robert Downey Jr. eyes lead role
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open a weak note amid mixed global cues: HAL, Reliance Industries, IT stocks in focus on Friday